Friday, April 30, 2010

Is it really May?!

Well April has come and gone in the blink of an eye. Life has kept me so busy that blogging has been the last thing on my to-do list. I could have an up to date blog, but my husband and children like to eat, and clean clothing.  Okay so I like the clean clothing...my three year old could care less. ;)
I have come up with a few things that help me to multi task.
1. A mother must always be prepared when going out with her children. So while we are in the car I have a diaper bag, stroller, first aid kit, blanket, jumper cables...you get the idea...but sometimes you need seasonal things too. So in the winter I have extra hats and gloves, ice scraper, and other winter like needs in the car. Now that the weather is warming up and we are visiting a lot of parks I came up with a "park kit". It's a basket that I keep bubbles, chalk, bucket and shovel, ball, and a picnic blanket in. Now we are always ready for a quick trip to the park. These things ended up in the car anyway, so now they have a proper place (instead of under the seats).

2. Since we are at the park so often we are getting really dirty. Well I'm not really getting that dirty, but J sure is! My washer and dryer are in the master bathroom. So while J is soaking in the tub I sit with my stain stick and get out grass stains. Might as well get the dirt out of the clothing while I get the dirt off the boy! Even if your washer and dryer are not close to your bathroom you could still do this. Just bring the basket of clothing that needs to be spot checked (that would be most of my sons clothing) into the bathroom with you. I also fold clothes, clean the bathroom, and even read J a book. Not all at the same time - I'm not super mom!

3. Another thing that happens in the warmer weather is rain. Rain = Mud! Mud must have a magnetic pull that little boys can't stay away from. I had a shoe holder in my closet that I was not really using. It's more like a shoe cubby. Anyway it was taking up space and all the shoes ended up by the front door. So I just moved the shoe cubby down next to the front door. I put a lamp on it and it became a cute little table that works double duty. Now everyone takes their shoes off when they walk through the front door and puts their shoes in an empty cuby. My carpet is a lot cleaner because of this. Oh, and on a side not I hate carpet. You can never get it clean enough...sorry just had to vent a little.
These are just a few ideas that have made my week a little easier. Hope you get a chance to enjoy this warm weather...oh and don't forget to take your shoes off when you go back inside! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment