Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bedtime Stories

I thought I would share a few of the book we are reading to J before bed. The first is "I'd Be Your Hero, A royal tale of godly character" by Kathryn O'Brien and illustrated by Michael Garland. It's about a little boy who imagines the adventurous life of a hero. The mother plays along and uses the opportunity to admire her sons godly character traits. Each page also has a verse from the bible that goes with each trait. It's on Amazon.com for $15.95 and they also have the princess version for girls.
 The other book that we have been reading from is "The Jesus Storybook Bible, Every story whispers his name" by Sally Lloyd-Jones and illustrated by Jago. This book is filled with wonderful bible stories that are so beautifully written, and everyone can understand them. My version also came with the entire book on CD. I keep the CD part in my car, and we listen to it as we are driving around town. This book is $11.95 at Amazon, but I don't think that's the version that comes with the CD. I got my book at our local christian book store.
Reading stories to my son is such a special time that we have together at night. My husband and I take turns reading to J, while the other puts baby N to bed.
I hope you get a chance to read these books. They also make great gifts for children. I'm sure the parents would be happy to have one less plastic toy in their home! :)
www.amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment