Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Motions

Today I was so inspired and convicted by Matthew West's song "The Motions". The lines that say:
"Take me all the way. I don't want to just go through the motions. I don't want to go one more day without your consuming passion inside of me. I don't want to spend one more day asking what if I had given everything."
Then in my devotions I was reading Psalms 119. Hmm think God's teaching me a lesson. :)
Psalm 119:5-7 "Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees! Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands. I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws."
Psalm 119:10 "I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands."
 See the video here. :)
http://www.last.fm/music/Matthew+West/_/The+Motions

I have also found that I'm a much better wife and mommy if I start my day off with reading God's word and prayer. It's not always easy with two little ones...but SO important. It's good for J and N to see Mommy reading the bible. I also like to have praise and worship on throughout the day and in the car. It's hard to be grouchy when praise music is on. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment