Monday, June 28, 2010

mini biscuits

What's better than a plate of hot biscuits with honey drizzled over the top?  Two plates of biscuits! :) My husband offered to stay home with the boys last night so I could do some errands by myself. He's so sweet. So before I left I made up a quick batch of biscuits and heated up some of the turkey noodle soup that I had in the freezer. This way I know they won't eat junk for dinner.
I used the recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook...
|3 cups of flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup butter
1 cup of milk
Preheat your oven to 450 deg. F. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until mixture is moist. You don't want to over work your dough!
Turn dough onto lightly flowered surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it for four to six strokes until dough holds together. Roll dough flat until it is one inch thick. To cut the dough use a biscuit cutter...or if you don't have one use what ever clean round thing you have. Ha Ha...
See, I don't have a biscuit cutter so I'm using one of baby N's clean bottles. You have to be creative and use what you have! These made cute mini biscuits.
J wanted to get in on the action too. He loves to help Mommy in the kitchen. :)
Now place your dough circles slightly apart on your ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-14 min. or until golden brown.

Remove from oven and serve warm. I also like to drizzle a little honey over mine. :)
 By the looks of this picture you would think I never feed my kids. I promise I do! :) J could not wait for the biscuits to come out. Baby N just goes where the food is.
I think these mini biscuits would also work well if you sliced them and turned them into ham sandwiches. Wouldn't that be great for a brunch? I think so. They were also great with my cup of coffee this morning.

So I had a great time shopping and I found several cute things that I will blog about later. yay! The Hubs and the boys had a great time too, especially with nice full bellies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment