Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blueberry Banana Smoothies

Blueberries are one of those "super fruits" that we should all be eating more of. They are supper yummy and I'm trying to find was to get them in our diet more. My boys love to eat them frozen, but they make a huge mess. My kids look like that little girl from Willie Wonka. :) So I needed a new plan for blueberry consumption.
 Smoothies are great because you can put them in a glass with a straw. You can also pack tons of yummy things in them so that even the picky eater will (usually) eat/drink it.
So here is what I added:
1 cup yougart
1 cup milk
1 cup of wild frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana
Dump everything in blender and mix.
 I know what your thinking...that banana looks nasty! When my bananas are not looking so good I just throw them in the freezer. Then I can use them later in banana bread or smoothies. I defrost the bananas in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Or you can leave them out for a little while until they soften up. They still taste great (just don't let anyone see you put it in)
The amount of milk I added makes it more like a milkshake. If you want it to be thicker just add less...or none at all.
Enjoy,
Melissa





1 comment: